Powerful Gigabit Network Connections
The USB-C network adapter supports full Gigabit bandwidth by harnessing the performance of USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps). You can quicklyaccess very large files over the network at Gigabit speed.
Native Driver Support Makes Installation Easy
Get up and running quickly. Simply plug the adapter into the USB Type-C™ port on your laptop and connect to your network. The network adapter chipsetprovides native driver support in Chrome OS™and Windows® 8.1, and supports Mac OSX (10.10) with driver installation.
Trouble-Free Connections Through USB-Type-C
The USB-C connector is smaller and easier to use than previous USBconnectors.It's a reversible plug so you can connect to your devices with either side facing up,without frustration or the risk of port damage.
With a compactdesign, this USB-C network adapter is as portable as your laptop, perfect forultra-portable devices that have a USB-C port, such as the MacBook and Chromebook Pixel™. The network adapterisbus-powered whichmakesit easy to connect when you're on the go.
Additional Connectivity With an Extra USB 3.1 Port
Some computers with USB Type-C only offer one port for external connectivity. This Ethernet adapter features a built-in USB Type-A port, giving you the freedom to attach an additional peripheral device, such as a USB mouse.
The US1GC301AU is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab compatible
- Supports 10/100/1000 Mbps auto-detection
- Compact, lightweight design for maximum portability
- Supports Mac OS 10.10 with driver installation
- Powered directly from the USB port
- Native driver support in Chrome OS? and Windows? 8.1 for easy set-up
- Thunderbolt 3 port compatible
- Add a USB Type-A port to your computer for connecting an additional peripheral device
- Works with the newest MacBook, Chromebook Pixel?and other laptop and desktop computers with a USB-C port
- Add a Gigabit Ethernet network connection to your computer through a USB Type-C port