Plus, by adding one USB-C and one USB-A port to your PC, you can easily connect legacy, modern, and future USB devices, regardless of the USB connector type.USB 3.1 Gen 2 Performance
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you're ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-A and USB-C devices.
With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 PCIe card is a necessity for external drives, drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the expansion card with SATA power supplies supplemental power to the USB ports (when motherboard power is insufficient) providing up to 5V 3A/15W via the USB-C port and 5V 0.9A/4.5W via the USB-A port. The card is ideal for use with large external storage solutions.Compatible with Older USB Devices
Connecting older peripherals isn't a problem. This versatile dual-port USB 3.1 card is backward compatible with legacy USB 3.0/2.0 devices that use the common USB Type-A port, so you can eliminate the added expense and aggravation of purchasing new devices. You can also connect older devices on the USB Type-C™ port using a variety of USB-C cables and adapters.Easy installation
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with a broad range of Windows® and Linux® operating systems. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs and servers.
The PEXUSB311AC3 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: USB 3.1 Gen 2 or USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 PCIe Add-On card supports Multiple INs, maintains max bandwidth even when mixed speed devices are connected; 10Gbps per port; 1x USB-A & 1x USB-C
- Upgraded version of our popular card PEXUSB311AC2
- POWER: Expansion card w/ SATA power supplies supplemental power to the USB ports (when motherboard power is insufficient) providing up to 5V 3A/15W via the USB-C port & 5V 0.9A/4.5W via the USB-A port
- MAX PERFORMANCE WITH USB DEVICES: 2-port USB-A & USB-C PCIe card adapter supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) optimizing USB performance w/ external storage devices like SSDs, HDDs, NVMe drives
- COMPATIBILITY: Installs in full or low-profile PCIe 3.0 x4 desktop/server slot (lower performance w/PCI-e 2.0); Windows/Linux/macOS auto driver install (Windows 8 & up); Works with USB 3.2/3.1/3.0/2.0
- THE STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: StarTech.com offers a 2-year warranty & free lifetime 24 hour support on this dual port USB-A & USB-C PCI Express Host Controller card w/ full & low profile bracket incl.