The IOGEAR 2x4 USB switch is a USB 2.0 peripheral sharing switch allows two computers to share up to four USB devices, such as keyboard, mouse, printer, portable hard drives, etc.
This device eliminates the cost to have multiple sets of USB devices for each computer. It also cuts down cable clutter of your work area, as well as the trouble to move from one computer to another. Switching from computer to computer is easy with the press of a button with LED to indicate the selected computer. You can also charge and sync your mobile devices with the computer through this unit.
This device is USB 2.0 compliant with a data transfer rate of up to 480 Mbps, it is hot pluggable like most of the USB devices. It came with over current protection to prevent your devices being damaged by sudden current change from the surrounding environment.
By connecting a set of keyboard and mouse on this unit, you can use it as a mini USB dock to control 2 laptops and allowing them to share other USB devices.
The molded cable design for the computer side eliminated needs for more USB cables and made field installation quick and easy.
- Cable lengths: USB output cables = 3.8ft, selection button cable = 6ft
- Molded in cable design simplifies the connections
- Supports hot-plugging which allows easily add or remove computers connected to the installation without having to power down the switch
- LED indicators for the port focus of the active computer
- Over-current protection
- Charge mobile devices such as smart phones on any of the USB device port
- USB 2.0 compliant, supporting data transfer rates of up to 480Mbps
- Easily switch to any of your connected computers with the press of a button
- Enables two computers to share up to 4 USB peripheral devices, more devices can be supported by adding USB hubs